96 points - "This is something else and delicious. Heady aromatics wafts of lemon blossom, ginger flower and spices, yet the palate steals the show. Textural, waxy, stony and complex with a silk-line of acidity all the way through. A cracking drink on its own or with food."
- Jane Faulkner (Halliday Wine Companion)
Those that have ever tasted the exquisite wines from the Clonakilla stable should know that most of them have been touched by the hands of Ravensworth owner/winemaker/butcher/purveyor of smoked meats, Bryan Martin.
The Ravensworth project is a chance for him to captain his own ship. The wines are some of the best value in the country.
This is a scintillating expression of Riesling. Nothing fancy (apart from a small component made in ceramic egg). Just amazing fruit made with a gentle and precise touch. This sits right alongside the best Rieslings in the Canberra region.
The demand for Bryan's wines escalates every year, and with great-value wines like this coming from him so consistently, it's no wonder.
"A cracker of a year sees our favourite regional white filled with beautiful aromatics of citrus, blossom and spice. Nothing appeases a spring thirst like a dewy, chilled glass of riesling on the patio."
- Bryan Martin
- LKLata K.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Enthusiast10 months agoWine Knowledge Level EnthusiastRated 5 out of 5 starsAwesome Riesling
We drank this last weekend at catch up with friends. It was nicely chilled, crisp with the right level of acidity and went perfectly with our pizzas. Our dinner companion, a diehard fiano lover, was very impressed and sounds like he’ll be visiting your site to order some for himself! Will definitely include this again in our next order. Thank you!TasteRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- SWStuart W.Verified Buyer10 months agoRated 4 out of 5 starstasty but safe
beautifully made wine, good acidity, well balanced but perhaps a little too classic in style..TasteRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JWJordan W.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Cork Dork11 months agoWine Knowledge Level Cork DorkRated 2 out of 5 starsDisappointing
I have been a big fan of Ravensworth and their wines previously - the Sangiovese is a knock out. This Riesling however was super disappointing, lacking in body, watery and a certain tartness that reminded me of unripe Granny Smith apples. Better options around at a much lower price.TasteRated 1.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 1.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 2.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- BBryceVerified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Cork Dork3 years agoWine Knowledge Level Cork DorkRated 4 out of 5 starsFantastic wine
Pale straw in colour, with slight clouding. Subtle citrus flavours, apple and floral notes on the nose. Fantastic wine now and great value. 4.5TasteRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- MJMichael J.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Beginner3 years agoWine Knowledge Level BeginnerRated 5 out of 5 starsExcellent drop
Excellent riesling with a full bodied flavour and smooth finish. Best enjoyed with poultry and with friends!TasteRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
Delivery is free on orders of $150 or more!
For orders under this amount, delivery is calculated at checkout based on your postcode. You can order in any quantity or combination of wines you like. Straight dozens are not required.
Sydney (Our Vans): If no one is home and there are no special delivery instructions our driver will try to call for instructions. If the driver believes there is a safe space to leave your wine they will do so if not, they will return the item to us and hold your order until further instruction from you.
Melbourne (Anonymous Wine Freight): If no one is home and there are no special delivery instructions, the courier will try to call for instructions. If the driver believes there is a safe space to leave your wine they will do so. if not, they will return the item to their dispatch centre and hold until further instruction from you.
Australia Post: Australia Post will leave the parcel if they have been given authority to leave and it is deemed safe to do so. To give your Authority to Leave, please enter this in the 'SPECIAL REQUEST' box at checkout.
We want Different Drop customers to always be getting the best price. If you see a lower price elsewhere, just get in touch and we will sort it out for you. We handle all our price-matching on a case by case basis.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Retrospective price-matching is available for 30 days after you have purchased from us.
- The price match cannot be used in conjunction with a coupon or one-off deal we are offering. The idea is for you to get the best price in the market so if that is already achieved through a coupon then we won't price match on top of that.
- We don't price match clearance or fire sales.
- We’ll match the listed price as long as it is a legitimate offer and the competing store is actually able to fulfil the order (they have stock or more stock is en route). Essentially we won't price match cheeky vendors listing wines they have no hope of actually getting for you...
- It must be a publicly listed price. We won't match a price that has been achieved through a coupon/cash-back arrangement, or through a non-advertised offer over the phone or otherwise.
- It is limited to a reasonable retail quantity.
We'll treat each price match request on its merit and reserve the right to refuse where we deem fit. For example, particularly rare wines, from non-trust-worthy vendors, in circumstances we deem illegitimate or if we feel our policy is being unfairly taken advantage of.
At the end of the day, we'll look after you and use common sense to ensure you're getting the best price, please just don't take the p%$$!
No, feel free to mix it up! There is no minimum requirement. You can order wines in any quantity or combination, 1 or 50+ bottles.
We stock three different sized gift boxes (single, three bottle and six), all are available for purchase for a flat rate of $8. They look great and make an awesome impression.
To add a gift box to your order, simply add at checkout. The special requests box is your friend, please give us as many details of what you are looking for and we will try our best, or get in contact to discuss it with you.
If you want to bulk order gifts or if you have any trouble please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and we can try and help.
If you can't add more wine to your cart it means we are low on stock of that wine. For example, if you are only able to 3 bottles and no more that means we only have 3 bottles left of that wine. If it's a must have, please contact us and we may be able to order more in for you.