The Different Drop Classification highlights the Top 50 small wine producers that we believe define the vanguard of the Australian wine industry.
These artisans hail from all corners of the country, and make wine in all styles, from established cult legends to up-and-coming stars. They qualify for this list by demonstrating the following criteria.
- The producer must be family owned & operated.
- Produce no more than 20,000 cases per year.
- Have consistently produced wines of exceptional quality, originality and value.
- Have been listed on the Different Drop platform for a minimum of three vintages and proven to have elicited a high level of historical demand from the Different Drop customer base.
- Continue to set benchmarks for their regions in the areas of quality, sustainability and innovation.
This is our definitive list of Australia's most exemplary, forward-thinking, and sought-after artisan producers, incorporating both established icons of the industry and the future leaders of tomorrow. This list captures the current state of play across the independent side of the Australian wine industry.