This is possibly the most interesting Verdelho in the country.
A funny variety perhaps for a winery to specialise in, but John Griffiths and his Faber vineyard has really made it their own. The unique combination of soils and climate in the Swan Valley that John's vineyard occupies produces Verdelho that ages remarkably well.
They say this might be their best vintage to date of this cult-favourite white wine.
Very much a hidden bargain of the West. If you can keep your hands off it, watch it blossom over the next 5-10 years.
- TBTerry B.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Beginner5 months agoWine Knowledge Level BeginnerRated 4 out of 5 starsAbsolute ripper
It is not very often to taste have a good verdelho from outside of Spain but Faber's is an excellent drop to enjoy in summer and now autumn around the BBQ with friends and family. The crispness and mineral taste makes the afternoon meander along savior the moment.
Anyway, go and buy some and enjoy!!!TasteRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- NLneil l.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Enthusiast11 months agoWine Knowledge Level EnthusiastRated 4 out of 5 stars2021 Faber Verdelho
This is a good quality Verdelho and has value not only as a good bottle of wine but also as a reliable additional drop for your everyday cellar and beyond.TasteRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- BPBarry P.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Enthusiast2 years agoWine Knowledge Level EnthusiastRated 5 out of 5 starsVersatile Verdelho
Make no mistake you are drinking an excellent example of this varietal . Free run juice gives you a whole palate taste experience .Citrus flavours abound with lovely crispy finish .A wine to accompany Asian foods as well as white meats . Will age well.TasteRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- PGPaul G.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Enthusiast4 years agoWine Knowledge Level EnthusiastRated 4 out of 5 starsNote to self: 'Buy this one again!'
As newbies to a Verdelho, this is truly a flavour surprise—light and yet with a complexity that you don’t expect. Note to self: 'Buy this one again!'TasteRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JSJohn S.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Enthusiast4 years agoWine Knowledge Level EnthusiastRated 5 out of 5 starsEnterprising
Faber Verdelho 2018. I've been sampling Verdelho on and off for decades. Usually off. Most of it has been flabby giggle juice. But I like the grape. This Faber is easily the best so far, along with the previous vintage. It's bright, fresh, flavoursome, great for a picnic or a serious seafood dish. Verdelho and Chenin Blanc have been neglected in this country.TasteRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
Delivery is free on orders of $150 or more!
For orders under this amount, delivery is calculated at checkout based on your postcode. You can order in any quantity or combination of wines you like. Straight dozens are not required.
Sydney (Our Vans): If no one is home and there are no special delivery instructions our driver will try to call for instructions. If the driver believes there is a safe space to leave your wine they will do so if not, they will return the item to us and hold your order until further instruction from you.
Melbourne (Anonymous Wine Freight): If no one is home and there are no special delivery instructions, the courier will try to call for instructions. If the driver believes there is a safe space to leave your wine they will do so. if not, they will return the item to their dispatch centre and hold until further instruction from you.
Australia Post: Australia Post will leave the parcel if they have been given authority to leave and it is deemed safe to do so. To give your Authority to Leave, please enter this in the 'SPECIAL REQUEST' box at checkout.
We want Different Drop customers to always be getting the best price. If you see a lower price elsewhere, just get in touch and we will sort it out for you. We handle all our price-matching on a case by case basis.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Retrospective price-matching is available for 30 days after you have purchased from us.
- The price match cannot be used in conjunction with a coupon or one-off deal we are offering. The idea is for you to get the best price in the market so if that is already achieved through a coupon then we won't price match on top of that.
- We don't price match clearance or fire sales.
- We’ll match the listed price as long as it is a legitimate offer and the competing store is actually able to fulfil the order (they have stock or more stock is en route). Essentially we won't price match cheeky vendors listing wines they have no hope of actually getting for you...
- It must be a publicly listed price. We won't match a price that has been achieved through a coupon/cash-back arrangement, or through a non-advertised offer over the phone or otherwise.
- It is limited to a reasonable retail quantity.
We'll treat each price match request on its merit and reserve the right to refuse where we deem fit. For example, particularly rare wines, from non-trust-worthy vendors, in circumstances we deem illegitimate or if we feel our policy is being unfairly taken advantage of.
At the end of the day, we'll look after you and use common sense to ensure you're getting the best price, please just don't take the p%$$!
No, feel free to mix it up! There is no minimum requirement. You can order wines in any quantity or combination, 1 or 50+ bottles.
We stock three different sized gift boxes (single, three bottle and six), all are available for purchase for a flat rate of $8. They look great and make an awesome impression.
To add a gift box to your order, simply add at checkout. The special requests box is your friend, please give us as many details of what you are looking for and we will try our best, or get in contact to discuss it with you.
If you want to bulk order gifts or if you have any trouble please email email@example.com or call and we can try and help.
If you can't add more wine to your cart it means we are low on stock of that wine. For example, if you are only able to 3 bottles and no more that means we only have 3 bottles left of that wine. If it's a must have, please contact us and we may be able to order more in for you.