Matthew Rorick is a dab hand at bringing delicate yet energised aromatic blends to bottle from his homeland of California. Here he brings those same processes to the South Australia with dazzling results.
The Black Sallad is Adelaide Hills Sauvignon fermented on skins for 48 hours on old oak barrels..
It's a vibrant, aromatic and mineral-charged orange wine of finesse and thirst-inducing charisma.
A rock n' roll Aussie white wine if ever there was one.
- MBMartin B.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Enthusiast4 years agoWine Knowledge Level EnthusiastRated 5 out of 5 starsProvocative and Rewarding
Intriguing orange colour looks a bit like flat Fanta (in good way)
The nose fizzes it moves around chameleon like as it warms up in the glass but includes Turkish Delight Honey, Dried Flowers. Utterly perfumed you get the sense it could at any point in time smell like whoever happens to be drinking it's favourite things.
Tastes like sucking stones but very well flavoured stones and a very unique flavour profile - for me there is lot of background musk but balanced by a completely dry long and clean finish. Hard to compare it with anything because it is so different. But certainly leaves you wanting more.
I've never heard of the label, the wine or Matthew Rorick before but I will certainly be looking our for any or all of them in the future.TasteRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JAJohn A.Verified BuyerWine Knowledge Level Enthusiast4 years agoWine Knowledge Level EnthusiastRated 5 out of 5 starsIncredible.
Pours a deep amber orange and the aroma? Wow.
Loaded with complex and interesting aromas. From crisp red apple to lychee and honeyed florals.
In the mouth it's huge yet super smooth.
I daresay the mouthfeel has hints of a smooth single malt.
Spectacular.TasteRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Interest LevelRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Value for MoneyRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
Delivery is free on orders of $150 or more!
For orders under this amount, delivery is calculated at checkout based on your postcode. You can order in any quantity or combination of wines you like. Straight dozens are not required.
Sydney (Our Vans): If no one is home and there are no special delivery instructions our driver will try to call for instructions. If the driver believes there is a safe space to leave your wine they will do so if not, they will return the item to us and hold your order until further instruction from you.
Melbourne (Anonymous Wine Freight): If no one is home and there are no special delivery instructions, the courier will try to call for instructions. If the driver believes there is a safe space to leave your wine they will do so. if not, they will return the item to their dispatch centre and hold until further instruction from you.
Australia Post: Australia Post will leave the parcel if they have been given authority to leave and it is deemed safe to do so. To give your Authority to Leave, please enter this in the 'SPECIAL REQUEST' box at checkout.
We want Different Drop customers to always be getting the best price. If you see a lower price elsewhere, just get in touch and we will sort it out for you. We handle all our price-matching on a case by case basis.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Retrospective price-matching is available for 30 days after you have purchased from us.
- The price match cannot be used in conjunction with a coupon or one-off deal we are offering. The idea is for you to get the best price in the market so if that is already achieved through a coupon then we won't price match on top of that.
- We don't price match clearance or fire sales.
- We’ll match the listed price as long as it is a legitimate offer and the competing store is actually able to fulfil the order (they have stock or more stock is en route). Essentially we won't price match cheeky vendors listing wines they have no hope of actually getting for you...
- It must be a publicly listed price. We won't match a price that has been achieved through a coupon/cash-back arrangement, or through a non-advertised offer over the phone or otherwise.
- It is limited to a reasonable retail quantity.
We'll treat each price match request on its merit and reserve the right to refuse where we deem fit. For example, particularly rare wines, from non-trust-worthy vendors, in circumstances we deem illegitimate or if we feel our policy is being unfairly taken advantage of.
At the end of the day, we'll look after you and use common sense to ensure you're getting the best price, please just don't take the p%$$!
No, feel free to mix it up! There is no minimum requirement. You can order wines in any quantity or combination, 1 or 50+ bottles.
We stock three different sized gift boxes (single, three bottle and six), all are available for purchase for a flat rate of $8. They look great and make an awesome impression.
To add a gift box to your order, simply add at checkout. The special requests box is your friend, please give us as many details of what you are looking for and we will try our best, or get in contact to discuss it with you.
If you want to bulk order gifts or if you have any trouble please email email@example.com or call and we can try and help.
If you can't add more wine to your cart it means we are low on stock of that wine. For example, if you are only able to 3 bottles and no more that means we only have 3 bottles left of that wine. If it's a must have, please contact us and we may be able to order more in for you.