2019 Mas de Libian Vin de France Vin de Petanque

Rhone Valley, France

Bargain biodynamic Cote du Rhone. Yummy, vibrant and juicy as can be!


Out of Stock

Categories: World of Wine

About The Wine

This is an absolute steal of a wine. 

This is a blend of Grenache (75%), with the remaining 25% made up of Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise, and Vaccarèse, declassified from Hélène Thibon's top cuvees. It's made with a short time on skins (just five days) and popped into bottle nice and early for drinking while it's as fresh as can be.

The name 'Petanque' refers to  the backyard game 'boule', which gives you an idea of when and where this should be consumed. 

It's a red wine for summery days, outside, sipping gleefully from tumblers. Cracking value here. And downright delicious to drink.

Winemaker Hélène Thibon
Winemaker Hélène Thibon
Rhone Valley, France
Additional Info

From The Producer

“Vin de Pétanque” (“Pétanque Wine”) : Sip while playing a lazy summer game of pétanque in the south of France, among other occasions!!!! It can also be served chilled for a lovely summer evening party! An easy-drinking wine, without pretense or snobbery: made for sharing with friends, bottle after bottle…

Varieties : Mostly Grenache (75%), with the remaining 25% a blend of Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise, and Vaccarèse. Only from young vines under 25 years old.

Terroir : Clay-limestone soil with a mix of flat limestone rocks and round river stones on the surface and first layers of soil. Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers, limited rainfall and a lot of wind.

Viticulture : Certified Organic and Biodynamic agriculture. Yield: 40 hl/ ha. Harvest is entirely by hand with a very careful selection in the vineyards.

Vinification : Traditional winemaking techniques, assemblage of varieties in tank. 100% de-stemmed. Light crushing. Temperature-regulated fermentations. Short time macerating in tank (about 5 days). Running-off by gravity. Pneumatically pressed. Malolactic fermentation in tank.

Blend : Grenache (75%), Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise, Vaccarèse
ABV : 14%
Closure : Cork
Drink Until : 2024
Bottle Size : 750ml

Hélène during harvest
Hélène during harvest
Rhone Valley, France
Expert Reviews

Critic Reviews

DDS review

"As always, this is really bright and jubey with loads of raspberry fruit and a lick of spicy anise. Wonderfully juicy, fresh and delicate with lots of high-grown florals and garrigue and some refreshing, powdery tannin to boot (perhaps from a higher percentage of Mourvèdre this year?)." - Bibendum Imports


Delivery is Free for any order over $149 or more, or just $10 for any orders of $149 or less. There is no minimum order quantity and you can mix and match as much as you like. Make your perfect mixed pack!

Sydney Metro orders will be delivered the next day 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. We can guarantee delivery before Christmas as long as you get your order in by midnight 23rd of December. Please refer to this map to see if your address is considered Sydney Metro here.

Melbourne Metro orders are picked up from our Sydney warehouse every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and delivered the following day in Melbourne (Tues/Wed/Fri). We can guarantee delivery before Christmas as long as you get your order in by 10am 22nd of December. Please refer to this map to see if your address is considered Melbourne Metro here.

Brisbane Metro orders are picked up from our Sydney warehouse every Wednesday and delivered the following day in Brisbane (Thursday or Friday). We can guarantee delivery before Christmas as long as you get your order in by 10am 22nd of December. Please refer to this map to see if your address is considered Brisbane Metro here.

Australia Wide Deliveries outside of Sydney and Melbourne metro are all delivered with Australia Post's eParcel wine delivery service. They pick up from us at 12pm Monday through Friday. When your order has been dispatched you'll receive tracking information to your email. Unfortunately with the complications of Covid and expected Christmas surge Australia Post are being extremely vague about delivery times. You will need to have your order placed before midnight 10th of December if you want to ensure it’s there for Christmas.

Authority to Leave and other delivery instructions can be left in the ‘SPECIAL REQUESTS’ box during checkout. The 'SPECIAL REQUESTS' box can be found on the here page before the final checkout page.

Warehouse Pickup is available at our Sydney warehouse at 3 Fig, Ultimo, 2007. You are not able to browse our warehouse shelves and we are not licenced to sell over the counter, so please place your order online or over the phone before arriving. Feel free to call on arrival on 1300 668 385 and we can bring your order out to your vehicle.

Express Same Day Delivery is available for Sydney postcodes within 10km of the CBD. There is a $10 delivery surcharge and the order needs to be placed before 12pm midday.

Our Heat Policy can be viewed here. If you would like us to hold dispatch of your order for milder weather please leave instructions to do so in the 'SPECIAL REQUESTS' box found on the cart page before the final checkout. We are happy to hold it for as long as you like. All orders are fully insured so you can buy with full confidence that these tasty beverages will get to you in tip-top shape.

Returns are free for 100 days after purchase. You can view the conditions of our return policy here

For any other shipping related inquiries, please see our helpful FAQ, email us at or call us on 1300 668 385..


Do I have to order in dozens? No, please mix it up! You can order wines in any quantity and variation you like. You can order 1 bottle or 50. We challenge you to make the ultimate mixed pack of wine!

Are there volume discounts? No, our pricing is designed to be the best in market already - no marking up and then discounting down! For very large orders (weddings, etc) we are open to negotiating though. Just give us a call.

Do we price match? Yes, within reason. Everyday low & consistent pricing is something we strongly believe in. We want our customers to feel confident they are always getting the best price. If you see a price lower somewhere else let us know and we'll consider matching it. We'll even retrospectively issue you store credit if you have already purchased from us but you see a lower price somewhere later on. Our price match policy can be seen here.

Can coupons and discounts be stacked? No, only one discount or coupon can be applied to an order at once.

I am trying to add more of a wine to my cart but it won’t let me? This means we are running low on stock of that wine. So for example, if the website will only allow you to add 3 bottles and no more, then that is all we have of that particular wine. The good news is we may be able to order more for you. Just contact us on 1300 668 385 or and we'll organise the additional quantity for you.

Does Different Drop have a physical store? No. More of a warehouse/office. We do however offer a Click & Collect option from our warehouse in Ultimo, Sydney. Our warehouse address for Click & Collect is: 3 Fig St, Ultimo, 2007/ Please make sure you have placed your order before arriving at the warehouse

Can I special order a wine you do not sell? If it’s doable, then we’ll make it happen. Just contact us directly via phone, chat or email and we’ll find out for you right away. Please note that in most cases special orders such as these will need to be in full case lots (6 or 12 bottles).

More FaQs: here