BackBack

2017 Tripe Iscariot Braun Chardonnay

Margaret River, WA

Remi Guise throwing down a gauntlet to tried and true Margaret River Chardonnay. Scintillating Chardy!

$42.00

DISPATCHED NEXT BUSINESS DAY
About
This is a fantastic, unique, detailed expression.

Mike Bennie (The Wine Front)

About The Wine

The wines from Remi Guise carry a wild and raucous quality. Each wine in the stable comes with its own distinct personality derived from the soils where the fruit is grown.

In the case of the 2017 tripe.Iscariot Brawn Chardonnay, that personality is aristocratic Margaret River Chardonnay meets wild thing ruffian.

This is a complex, furiously textural wine with immense amounts of drinking pleasure to unleash. Mike Bennie was seduced by it in his 94 point review noting that, "I wouldn’t be missing wines from this producer."

Margaret River fans will know that outstanding Chardonnay from this region doesn't come along at this price often. Get stuck in.

About tripe.Iscariot

Remi Guise is starting something very compelling in Western Australia.

His idea for tripe.Iscariot centres around the thesis that from 'berry to stalk' the whole of the plant should be used in the winemaking process.

No waste, no 'cleaning up' of the wines. Driving to make the most character filled and unique wines that any site can produce.

The wines are fascinating and complex alt-stylings of undervalued Margaret River varieties.

Dig in, this is a project to keep a close eye on.

Winemaker Remi Guise
Winemaker Remi Guise
Margaret River, WA
Reviews

Critic Reviews

94Points
The Wine Front

"This is amazing wine to describe ‘texture’ in white wines. Texture! Chalky, faintly chewy, almost stony. So good. Scents of green apple, flint, mixed citrus peel, faint grassy notes. Superb. Palate delivers more of the same as bouquet, let’s say, but it’s all about that stony, salty, mineral stuff, when you look past that amazing chalkiness and pucker. Refreshment factor is high, complexity too, detail of great interest. This is a fantastic, unique, detailed expression. I wouldn’t be missing wines from this producer." - Mike Bennie (The Wine Front)

Additional Info

From The Producer

Hand-picked Chardonnay grapes, 25% of which are fermented as whole-bunches, submerged under un-clarified juice extracted from the other 75% which were cold-pressed as whole-bunches.

Towards the end of the fermentation the juice/wine was removed from around the whole-bunches and the mostly fermented whole-bunches were basket pressed and combined with removed juice/wine.

The wine then finished fermentation in oak barrels. The wine was barrel aged for 9 months, during which the barrels underwent battonage every two weeks. The wine was then removed from barrel, clarified and bottled.

Blend : Chardonnay (100%)
ABV : 13.0%
Closure : Screw cap
Drink Until : 2024
Bottle Size : 750ml

Shipping

Shipping & Delivery

We ship primarily with Australia Post. Their fast, easy and reliable delivery is completely FREE for any orders of $150 or more, or just $9 for any orders of $149 or less. There is no minimum order quantity and you can mix and match as much as you like.

The vast majority of orders are dispatched from our Sydney warehouse on the same or next business day. Estimated delivery time frames can be viewed here. Please include Authority to Leave instructions in the ‘SPECIAL REQUESTS’ box during checkout if you may not be available to sign for your delivery and would like it left at your front door.

Customer pickup is also available for Sydney customers, 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, except on Wednesdays when we are open until 7:30pm. A useful map on how to find us can be viewed here.

Lastly, orders are fully insured so you can buy with full confidence that these tasty beverages will get to you in tip-top shape. Moreover, our heat policy can be view here.

For any other shipping related inquiries, please see our helpful FAQ, email us at hello@differentdrop.com or call us on 1300 668 385..